Elaine and Bill making a contribution from the William Ross Family Foundation to the wonderful Waymakers Huntington Beach Youth Center. They provide a caring emergency shelter for runaway, homeless, abused, and at-risk youth aged 11-17 in the Huntington Beach area. They have counseling and work to create family reunification in this 12 bed facility.
Growing up is challenging in the best of circumstances and overwhelming when situations are adverse. Many run away or are displaced by families who can’t cope with the problems. With an eye toward resolving the crisis and providing long-term stability, Waymakers works with families and leverages community resources to create healthier situations at home.
The Program Goals are:
- Safe shelter in a positive home-like setting
- Emotional stability through individual, group and family counseling
- Problem solving and life skills development
- Integration of healthy habits and coping skills
- Improvement in educational achievements
- Family re-unification
You can see from the pictures below why we were so happy to donate to this very important charity for children and families in our area.
No comment yet, add your voice below!